mardi 1 novembre 2016

I get lot's of phone calls from people asking me all kinds of questions. One question
that most people keep asking again and again is, "What can I do to resolve my problems?
Can you give me an affirmation, a mantra, a meditation, a breathing exercise, something
I can use?" These things have their place, but they will not awaken you to your true
self. In all of the higher scriptures it is written that the path of Advaita Vedanta or Jnana
Marga is only for mature souls.
Now what does that mean? It is for those who in a previous lifetime have already
practiced sadhanas, breathing exercises, yoga techniques, etc., and now they're ready to
awaken through this type of teaching. And the Buddhist scripture declares that those who
want to do yogas, or breathing exercises are the simple minded and ignorant (he
chuckles).
Now what do they mean? They don't mean to insult you but they are referring to
those who are attached to the world, those who believe the world is real and who feel the
pull of the world. They want to use all kinds of gimmicks to free themselves from their
problems but not to be totally free.

Aucun commentaire: