samedi 2 décembre 2017

Joey Ramones: I never really sniffed glue or Carbona. I never got really heavy into the paper bag. I did it, but I didn't get into it like Johnny and Dee Dee did. 
They used to go up on the roof and sniff Carbona and sniff glue and shit. It was this sensation, like "Bzzzz, bzzz, bzzz." 
DeeDee Ramones: Besides smoking good pot, I started doing a lot of glue. I'd do glue and Tuinals and Seconals. What a party, you couldn't get your head outta that bag. I used to do it with my friend Egg, because Egg was real sleazy. He didn't go for dope or pot or acid, what he liked was sniffing Carbona, the cleaning fluid, and glue. After we'd sniff glue we used to call up numbers on the phone. We knew these numbers to dial where you could get these weird sounds. We'd call the numbers and it would go "Beep-beep-beep-beep-beep." We'd listen to that for hours. Then sniff some more glue. Or if we couldn't get any glue, Egg would go to the supermarket, get some cans of whipped cream, and we'd do the gas in it. Anything to get high-cough medicine, glue, Tuinals, and Seconals. But Joey was a wino. No one else I knew liked to drink, except Joey. So that started our friendship. We used to get a couple bottles of Boone's Farm or Gallo, and sit on the stoop in the afternoons and drink all day. Joey told me he was an ambulance driver, and maybe he was. I mean, he had a driver's license, but then he couldn't get it together to unlock the garage door, start the car, and get it out before the garage door closed. You know, he couldn't even drive. But then, neither could I. 

Please Kill Me The Uncensored Oral History of Punk - Legs McNeil & Gillian McCain

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Asking questions are in fact pleasant thing if you are not
understanding something entirely, however this piece of writing presents good understanding even.

Anonyme a dit...

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a
colleague who has been conducting a little research on this.

And he actually bought me breakfast due to the fact that I stumbled upon it for him...

lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for
the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to discuss this matter here on your internet site.

Anonyme a dit...

Incredible story there. What happened after? Take care!

Anonyme a dit...

What's up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this website regularly,
if so after that you will definitely get fastidious knowledge.

Anonyme a dit...

I will immediately snatch your rss as I can not to find
your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
Do you've any? Please allow me know in order that I may just subscribe.
Thanks.