samedi 22 janvier 2022

Chrissie HyndeIn 1976 I went to every club every night, with my guitar. I just walked around the streets looking for someone to get a band together. I was desperate and determined. Everybody I knew had a band together by now. Even people who I showed how to play a few chords! And I was like holding out waiting for my band. And I knew when I found my guys they were going to be right.
McLaren, to his credit, didn’t want anyone showing his guys how to play. He certainly didn’t want me showing Rotten how to play guitar! McLaren didn’t know much about music but he was certainly a visionary. He wanted his poet, and his struggling musicians who could just make a sound. And of course, musicianship killed off punk. Because as soon as they learned how to play, they couldn’t play punk any more.


Punk Rock An Oral History 
John Robb & Lars Fredriksen 


 

Aucun commentaire: